24. Though the policies of racial ________had been abolished, many whites in the South were still dubious about the safety of the communities.
A) segregation B) regulations
C) communism D3 extinction
25. The proposal was accepted with ________ approval. Everybody believed it would help revive the national economy.
A) unanimous B) doubtful
C) pleasant D) searching
26. Many social services are provided by ________ societies and organizations that do not expect any material payment.
A) wealthy B)voluntary
C) helpful D)spiritual
27. In the packed hall, the people sitting close to me _________ me into the corner little by little.
A) dragged B) drew
C) frightened D) wedged
28. The police, trying to ________exactly who was at the party are investigating every person concerned.
A) ascertain B) arrest
C) imagine D) count
29. If everybody has arrived the meeting may________ now.
A) commence B) criticize
C) comment D) conclude
30. The prodigal son ________his large inheritance in a few years of heavy spending.
A) inherited B) received
C) accumulated D) dissipated
3l. In ancient India, there used to be a very formidable ________ in religious and social life.
A) hierarchy B) power
C) despot D) president
32. _________ delinquency refers to law-breaking by young people.
A) Juvenile B) Green-hand
C) Amateur D) Institute
33. It's necessary to make your handwritings ________ when you fill in an official form.
A) reconcilable B) legitimate
C) legible D) formal
34. She has always been a conscientious secretary since the gal, she entered my company. Tine suggestion that I wanted her to resign is quite __________
A) thoughtful B) reasonable
C) unfounded D) early
35. The ________ meaning of "yellow" is a color, but it can also mean "cowardly."
A) positive B) negative
C) underlying D) literal
36. When I stayed in the country, I used to walk in the fields at night and to see ________ of stars.
A) the circulation B) a cluster
C) the falling D) myriads